- Information Collection
- Children’s Information
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- Access to and Control of Personal Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Data Transfer
- External Links
- Contact Information
Information Provided Voluntarily
Member Contact Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, your name, employer’s company name, industry classification, address, telephone number, and email address. Such information is necessary to facilitate your access to, use of, purchase of, or participation in our service and product offerings, including, but not limited to: membership; and events, meetings, or conferences. Please note that you may decline to share your personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with certain aspects of our services or products.
Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a product or service, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
Automated Information: Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the Site, including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the Site uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track users’ movement on the Site.
- provide a product or service you requested;
- secure your membership status;
- fulfill your membership benefits;
- analyze and evaluate member and prospective member needs and interests, and improve the member and prospective member experience;
- notify you of IFTA official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits;
- send occasional email communications on behalf of vendors;
- track event, meeting, and conference attendance;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us;
- promote the function, safety, and security of our services; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to IFTA, may be shared with IFTA members. You may choose to opt in or opt out of participating by contacting IFTA as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to IFTA, may be shared with IFTA members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to IFTA, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at IFTA programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to IFTA including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the IFTA Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of IFTA is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact IFTA as set forth below in the “Contact Information” section.
INTERNATIONAL FAIR TRADE ALLIANCE (IFTA)
1000 N. Rand Rd., Suite 214
Wauconda, IL 60084